Sunday 3 February 2013

february already?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this winter is flying by!  Mara is growing and changing every day, and keeping me happily busy.  In the span of one month, my little rabbit has started solids {everything should be banana flavoured}, can sit upright {with several nose-dives a day}, and now successfully dunks her head under water with little-to-no complaining {sputter}.  

I need to share with you what I found when I was treasure hunting the other day at the Old Strathcona Antique Mall.  It was so gorgeous and in such great condition, I had to buy it immediately.  When I'm treasure hunting, and I see something amazing, I turn into a crazed version of myself: elbows out, long strides, smoke coming out of my nostrils.  No.  No one was racing me for it.  But it's the practice I keep.  If you're in the mood for a treasure hunt, make sure this place is on your list! And when you're there, check out my partner in craft, Vintage Prairie Style.  She's upper level, and your elbows too will be ready to fight when you feast your eyes on her gorgeous pieces. 


It's beautiful, no?                                                

With the days so busy, it can be tricky to fit in my daily crafting quota.  I find myself frantically knitting while Mara visits the land of nod, any time I'm the passenger in the vehicle, or late into the night {sleep?}  I have been busy filling your amazing orders {THANK YOU!!}, and am still overwhelmed with the interest you have shown in my humbled knitting.  I thought I would take the next few weeks to come up with a few more items...I know what you are thinking: Anna, we have been so worried for you! How does a knitter survive the spring and summer months?  Worry not, dear friends!  I will be posting several projects I have been working on between orders...think cool cotton garments for chilly spring breezes, sweet playmates, and snuggly blankets to spread out on the soft, green grass {I promise you, it's under that snow somewhere}.  Think Spring!...too soon?


off to the farm now.  these little darlings are coming along. can't wait to show you what is in store!




1 comment:

  1. hey love the post - welcome back to blog world! Mara looks adorable in her new snow suit.
    Keya
    ps. thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete